Wednesday, January 8, 2014

new 405 nm laser

The 405 nm laser I ordered on eBay finally arrived after almost three weeks!

These lasers are normally sold as 5 mW to comply with eBay policies. From what I've heard, they tend to be more powerful than advertised, often reaching up to 100 mW or more. Though mine isn't strong enough to burn things, I can't really complain because it works as specified.

Judging by the brightness, the output is probably no more than 20 mW or so. The dot is somewhat dimmer than that of my 5 mW green laser pointer, but this isn't unexpected because violet is at the very edge of the visible spectrum. However, the cool thing is that 405 nm light causes many objects to fluoresce. I'll try to have a review up soon. Stay tuned!

Update: The review is online. Check it out here.

Currently watching: Star Trek: The Next Generation - "Symbiosis"

No comments:

Post a Comment