Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

So 2013 has come and gone. Each year seems to be going by faster and faster. In any case, happy New Year!

The nice thing was that my family had our first New Year's Eve gathering in six years. It wasn't a huge one as we only invited the Wilsons next door and Dad's colleagues Paul and Po-Kang. Mom made tons of good food, and the Wilsons also brought some, so everyone had a great time at the dinner table. I've posted pictures of the food here.

Alas, the party ended just after the Times Square countdown. The Wilsons didn't want to let their daughters be home alone for too long and were the first to go. The girls were celebrating the New Year with their friends, hence they didn't come. Paul left shortly afterwards as he also had a wife and child at home. Po-Kang shared a ride with Paul and departed at the same time.

There were also some New Year's Eve events in downtown Mountain View. While it wouldn't have been too late to check them out, my parents weren't too keen on the idea as Mom was exhausted from all that cooking. As much as I wish our evening could have been longer, I probably shouldn't complain.

2013 in review

In many respects, 2013 was one of the better years; things generally went well at work and at home. One major highlight was our recent trip to Reno. That was quite enjoyable, especially considering that we don't travel much nowadays. The least fun part of 2013 was when I had pelvic pain for several months. It wasn't extremely bad but was enough to warrant several visits to the doctor and almost $600 in medical bills. >:(

Other than that, last year wasn't too shabby. I hope 2014 will be the same. On the subject of which, my New Year's resolutions are to increase ownership of my project at work and make more real-life friends. Challenge accepted!

Currently listening to: Now That's What I Call Music! 28 (U.S.)

No comments:

Post a Comment