Thursday, January 2, 2014

an exciting January...

I'm back in the office as Christmas break has ended. I've got to admit - going back to work right after the New Year is so hard, especially on the 2nd.

On the other hand, there are many great things coming this month. For starters, I only have to work two days until it's the weekend again. Lab126 is also having its annual post-holiday celebration on the 18th. The week after that, my aunt Jill and two of her students will be visiting from China and staying with my family for a few days. This will be our first time seeing Jill in six and a half years, something I'm greatly looking forward to.

I also have a 405 nm laser that is due to arrive soon. Seeing that violet lasers have greatly dropped in price since their inception, I took the plunge and ordered one on eBay last month. Shipping from Hong Kong can take up to two weeks or more, but the laser should show up anytime now.

So yeah, January should be super exciting. :-)

Currently watching: Star Trek: The Next Generation season 1, episode 19: "Coming of Age"

No comments:

Post a Comment