Thursday, January 2, 2014

an exciting January

So my Christmas break has ended. I've got to admit - it's always hard to go back to work right after the New Year.

On the other hand, I'm pretty excited about what's coming in the next few weeks. The first is the Lab126 post-holiday celebration on the 18th. It's certainly nice to have something to look forward to after the holidays. This will be followed by a visit from my aunt Jill. She and two students are coming over from China and will stay with us for a few days. The last time I saw Jill was six and a half years ago!

I also recently ordered a 405 nm laser pointer online. Violet lasers have greatly dropped in price since their inception. Shipping from Hong Kong can take up to two weeks or more, but the laser should show up very soon. So yeah, January is an exciting month. :-)

Currently watching: Star Trek: The Next Generation - "Coming of Age"

No comments:

Post a Comment