Sunday, October 7, 2012

a festival and a fiesta

The weekend was a mixed bag at first but overall ended well.

One thing I wanted to do was check out Gaelebration, an event commemorating the 150th anniversary of St. Mary's College of California. However, the campus is around 55 miles away in Moraga. I'm also rather averse to driving alone and couldn't find anyone to carpool with me. This was kind of a let-down as Gaelebration looked really fun. While admission was free, I'd have gladly bought tickets for the event if it were closer.

On the other hand, I went to the Los Altos Fall Festival instead. The festival wasn't too impressive this year, but the cool thing is that I ran into the LAHS auto tech teacher, who was helping out with the classic car show with one of his former students. It was great to see a familiar face even though I never took Mr. Ely's class. I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up a work project from home.

Our family friend Fennah's reading club met tonight and was hosted at Henry's house this time. All of the food was delicious as usual. Like at most reading club events, there wasn't anyone else my age. Though Henry has a daughter who is slightly younger than me, she was busy working upstairs and couldn't join us. The gathering was nevertheless so much fun that my parents and I stayed for around six hours!

I've posted some pictures from the Los Altos Fall Festival and the reading club party here. Oh yeah, and my 27th birthday is coming right up. :-)

Currently listening to: "Oh Love" by Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment