Wednesday, October 10, 2012

turned 27 today...

I'm now 27 years old. Strangely enough, my 26th birthday feels like it was merely months ago. Time goes so fast these days... maybe a little too fast.

To celebrate the occasion, my parents took me to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I picked this place because I've always wanted to try it out and that the birthday dessert looked nice. Outback Steakhouse wasn't a bad choice as the food was quite enjoyable. You can go here to see what we ate.

One of my birthday traditions was to post three facts about my childhood. However, because I've started running out of interesting ones, here are three facts about the number 27 instead:

  1. 27 is the third perfect cube.
  2. 27 is the only positive integer that is three times the sum of its digits.
  3. There is said to be 27 roads to the mythical El Dorado.

Although I didn't receive any presents this year, I did get two books for free - albeit completely unintentionally. About two weeks ago, I ordered some old Doom and Duke Nukem 3D level editing guides from Half.com to add to my collection. Two of the books were from the same seller, and one of them was missing an accompanying CD-ROM. When I contacted the seller regarding the issue, they gave me a full refund for both books while letting me keep them. It's funny how things tend to work out!

Currently watching: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment