Wednesday, October 17, 2012

my first foray into Meetup

I recently decided to sign up for Meetup. For those unaware, Meetup is a social network for organizing in-person meetings that has gained popularity over the years.

One of the advertised events was a Java user conference at the Google headquarters in Mountain View. I went to check it out as it sounded quite interesting. The program began with a networking session and a light dinner consisting of pizza and salad. The topic of the presentation was a next-generation database management system called NoSQL. It was an extremely fascinating concept.

I had to wait a bit for my ride home as the presentation ended earlier than planned. On the other hand, there was lots of leftover food; those two pizzas should last more than a few days. This was a overall cool experience. I mean, not many people can say they've visited the Googleplex before!

No comments:

Post a Comment