Sunday, September 9, 2012

I love rummage sales.

One of the local churches just had a rummage sale, and my parents and I went there yesterday to see what was available. Although the church holds a sale every few months, this was our first time checking it out.

There were lots of stuff, most of which was extremely cheap. We bought a vacuum cleaner, two reprinted paintings, some iPad and laptop cases, an unopened Death Valley National Park jigsaw puzzle, a knitted bag, a shoe rack and lots of greeting cards - all for a grand total of less than $75.

Some of these items were especially good deals. For example, the greeting cards were only five cents each, and the puzzle was just three bucks. In comparison, these puzzles often cost $15 or more at gift shops. What a steal!

The other cool thing is that I ran into my old classmate Allie from Egan and LAHS. I'm surprised we still recognized each other after eight years. On the subject of which, my mother also ran into one of her friends at the sale. It's a small world indeed.

Currently watching: Star Trek: The Original Series - "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

No comments:

Post a Comment