Saturday, October 15, 2011

first company picnic in 11 years!

Today was super exciting as my staffing company had its annual family picnic. The Armada Group always puts on awesome events, this one being no exception. I hadn't been to a corporate picnic in over 11 years and was looking forward to this for a long time.

John D. Morgan Park in Campbell was the perfect venue. The event was scheduled to start an hour before noon, but we figured few people would show up at 11 a.m. on the dot. While the crowd wasn't as big as I had expected, that didn't make the party any less enjoyable. I had a great time meeting everyone's families and reconnecting with people from the spring party in April.

All of the food was delicious. There was also a balloon artist and inflatable castle as the event was geared towards families with children. This brought back memories of Dad's company picnics. Though my parents felt a bit out of place due to everyone else bringing their kids instead, the three of us overall had lots of fun.

The weather was pretty hot for this time of the year. However, relief came in the form of an ice cream man who saw the business potential. I couldn't resist the temptation and bought an ice cream cup - another thing I hadn't done in ages.

Also worth mentioning is that Crystal, one of our recruiting managers, later invited me to join her in the bouncy house. I said I was too old for that, but Crystal revealed she was a year older than me. She definitely had a point. Oh, to be young again!

On the whole, the picnic totally rocked. It was like a throwback to my childhood. I can't wait to see what other things the Armada Group has planned. In the meantime, I've posted some pictures at Flickr. Another guest, Douglass, has made a slide show of the event; you can view that here.

Currently listening to: William Tell Overture

No comments:

Post a Comment