Monday, October 31, 2011

not a bad Halloween...

I had a pretty good Halloween.

The festivities started last Friday with "Diwaloween" at Cisco. Given that Diwali and Halloween are so close together this year, the TelePresence team decided to celebrate both at the same time. There was lots of food and music, and some people even got up to dance. I've posted pictures from the event on Flickr as well as two videos on YouTube.

As for Halloween itself, Cisco hosted a costume contest in the afternoon. From what I've heard, the company has never done anything like this before. Given that Cisco as a whole usually doesn't have many social events, this was no doubt nice for change. I didn't dress up myself but enjoyed seeing what other people were wearing.

Two of Dad's business associates came over for dinner in the evening. You can go here for pictures of the food. This wasn't a Halloween party per se as the date was purely coincidental, but it was still a cool experience. I later passed out candy to the kids, something I hadn't done in 11 years. Here are the stats for those curious:

Total trick-or-treaters: 45
First arrival: 6:45 p.m.
Last arrival: 8:57 p.m.
Candy given out: 46 pieces

Even though I'm way too old for trick-or-treating, Halloween just might become one of my favorite holidays again. :-)

In other news...

I didn't feel like making another post, but my family went to the Nimbus Fish Hatchery and Nevada City on the 22nd. The fall foliage in Nevada City was beautiful. We ordered coffee and a dessert at one of the caf├ęs before hiking some local trails. It was an amazing day trip; you can go here for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment