Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oh hai, UCSC!

I recently mentioned that a few UC Santa Cruz professors were interested in having me as an intern. From our discussions, they were more than happy to proceed with the plan. If everything goes well, my internship will start next week - which is right after the quarter ends.

For those wondering, I'll be doing mobile interaction studies with the professors and their graduate students. The professors have also suggested taking some classes, so I'm trying to enroll in CMPE 107 and CMPS 101 at the moment. I've actually already attended the lectures this morning. It's like being back in college!

According to Prof. Tantalo, CMPS 101 is a difficult course and many students don't pass. I can't say I like the sound of that. On the other hand, the class shouldn't be too bad compared to what I went through at Berkeley.

Given that I'll be at UC Santa Cruz most of the time, I've rented a room near campus and will be moving there in a few days. I'm kind of nervous as this is something I've never done before. Let's hope I don't get on the landlady's bad side. *fingers crossed*

In other news...

1. I just got back from the Secure World Expo in Santa Clara with Dad. The conference was very small but still had some nice swag.

2. Tonight is the last class at St. Mary's College of California. I'm not out of the woods yet as we still have to take the FAIM 610 final. On the other hand, there is supposed to be a big party afterwards. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Currently playing: The Room Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment