Thursday, September 23, 2010

internship at UCSC

I recently mentioned that two UC Santa Cruz professors were interested in having me as an intern. From our discussions, they were more than happy to proceed with the plan. If everything goes well, my internship will start next week - on the 27th to be precise.

I'll be doing mobile interaction studies with the professors and their graduate students. In the meantime, I'm trying to enroll in CMPE 107 and CMPS 101 on their recommendation. I've actually already started attending the lectures. It's like being back in college!

According to Prof. Tantalo, CMPS 101 is a difficult course and many students don't pass the first time. I don't like the sound of this at all. However, considering that I already have a computer science background, this one shouldn't be too hard.

Given that Santa Cruz is pretty far, I've rented a place near campus and will be moving there in a few days. I'm a little nervous as this is my first time renting a room. But at least the landlady seems nice. *fingers crossed*

In other news...

1. I went to the Secure World Expo today with Dad. It was a very small conference.

2. Tonight is the last class at St. Mary's College of California. I'm not out of the woods yet as we still have to take the FAIM 610 final. On the other hand, I've heard there's a party afterwards. That should be fun. :-)

Currently playing: The Room Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment