Monday, September 27, 2010

moved to Santa Cruz

I finished moving into my rented room today with the help of my parents. This is my first time living in someone else's house. I'm glad the move didn't take long as it was unbearably hot outside.

The homeowner is a woman named Connie. She's really nice and always took the time to answer our questions. Connie had a husband named Mel who passed away seven years ago. By all accounts, he was an amazing artist and dancer. It's too bad I'll never get to know him. :-(

The couple has three daughters, all very attractive. I'm actually staying in one of their rooms. The girls are currently away at college, but I'll probably meet them soon enough. The family has two cats, Tommy and Zoe. Though I'm not a pet person, cats are so darn cute!

At any rate, the place is comfortable and has everything I need. It's like my home away from home. Transportation is convenient as a bus stop is located across the street. I imagine it's a safe neighborhood as the campus police department is just around the corner. The only downside is that there are no nearby places to get food, but that's hardly an issue. Although I'm still a little nervous, there shouldn't be a problem as long as I stay on Connie's good side.

On the whole, I'm blessed to have found such a great place to live. One of the best things about UC Santa Cruz is the beautiful campus. As a nature lover, I'll get to enjoy the great outdoors whenever I head out to class. Life is good.

In other news...

I bumped into my old FAIM 609 professor at Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon. Small world indeed.

Currently listening to: Tower of Heaven soundtrack - "Stairway to Revelation"

No comments:

Post a Comment