Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day weekend party report

Seeing that it had been a while since our last major gathering, Mom invited some people over last night for an early Labor Day celebration!

Dad was on a business trip and didn't get home until right before the guests arrived. Therefore, the two of us did most of the work in cleaning up the house and setting up the table. Believe it or not, hosting a party isn't all fun and games. However, our efforts paid off because everyone had a great time.

The guests were the Lus, the Lees and our family friend Karen. Though Eddie and my cousins had other plans and didn't come, that didn't make the party any less fun. The table was full of food as this was a potluck dinner. There were also the usual jokes due to Karen being a lawyer. Haha.

The kids and I watched the 2007 remake of 3:10 to Yuma after dinner while the older folks chatted at the table. We later played cards instead as the movie didn't turn out to be too exciting. Tropic Thunder may have been a better choice, but Thomas and Connie had seen it before. It's too bad we don't have Rock Band or something. I also took the opportunity to show off my new 200 mW green laser. People definitely thought it was cool. :-)

One thing that almost ruined the mood is that my laptop got infected with malware while Connie and Jenny were using it. Before anyone asks, they had nothing to do with the viruses. Though the offending programs were relatively easy to remove, the whole situation was a pain in the ass. I hate the jerks that write these things.

The girls later played Text Twist while Thomas and I came up with words. That was no doubt the best part of the evening. But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end: our guests had to leave as it was getting late. On the whole, the party totally rocked. This was actually our first time having people over during the Labor Day weekend. It seems I now have another holiday to look forward to!

Also worth mentioning is that Mei knew I recently finished my undergraduate studies at Berkeley and gave me a Swarovski crystal set with a graduation theme. I can't thank her enough for the gift. The set is quite beautiful; I've posted a picture of it here.

Currently watching: 3:10 to Yuma (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment