Thursday, August 27, 2009

new 200 mW laser

You probably won't believe this, but Wicked Lasers just sent me a really powerful green laser for free!

Some of you may have heard of a company called Wicked Lasers that sells high-powered lasers. The CEO has recently been sending samples to members of various forums in exchange for reviews. I was one of those who received the offer. This was just about the last thing I expected, especially considering that I've harshly criticized the company in the past two years.

The laser I received is the 200 mW model of the Spyder I Pro series. This thing is incredibly bright and actually burns stuff. I could play with it for hours. Unlike the previous laser I got from Wicked Lasers, the Spyder I Pro is extremely stable. I'd definitely like to thank Steve Liu for this amazing opportunity.

You can read my full and hopefully unbiased review of the Spyder I Pro at Laser Pointer Forums. I've posted the pictures and videos in this Flickr album. The videos are available on YouTube as well.

August 29 update: The review and media are now online.

Currently watching: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

No comments:

Post a Comment