Thursday, August 23, 2007

I got another free laser!

I recently mentioned that I won another laser in a contest at Spectra Forum. Well, my new toy just arrived. :-)

Wicked Lasers generously provided two lasers for the drawing. Though they were supposed to be the 15 mW model, the company gave out the 35 mW version because the former was sold out. According to the guy running the contest, mine actually has an output of around 75 mW. Sweet!

As expected, this laser is much brighter than the Core I received back in June. It can light red and black matches with a convex lens and pop balloons unassisted. Against my better judgment, I shined it on my finger and felt a sting after a few seconds. I definitely can't wait to bring it to parties. xD

Another nice thing is that the package included a pair of LaserShades. Laser safety is extremely important because any laser can easily cause eye damage. The goggles didn't come with a cleaning cloth, but that's hardly anything to complain about.

All that having been said, I'd like to thank Ben for hosting the contest and Wicked Lasers for making it possible in the first place. You can see pictures of my new laser here.

Update: I've posted reviews of the laser and goggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment