Friday, September 18, 2009

my maternal grandfather just passed away :-(

Mom just got word that my maternal grandfather Ching-Shang Yang has died. He was 98 years old. I'm not going to lie - 2009 hasn't been a good year. :\

The details are unclear, but early reports are pointing to gastrointestinal bleeding as the cause of death. Given Grandpa's age, this was surprising but not completely unexpected. The only consolation is that he probably didn't suffer too much.

Ching-Shang was the oldest of my grandparents and the last surviving one. Our dreams that he would become a centenarian will never be realized. On the bright side, I believe he has been reunited with my grandmother Pi-Tan and uncle Harrison in Heaven. Though Grandpa may no longer be with us in person, he'll remain in our hearts forever.

To those who have offered support during this difficult time, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Currently listening to: "Shine Your Light" by Robbie Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment