Sunday, January 25, 2009

Congratulations to my cousin Tom!

I've received word that Tom got married in China on the 10th. For those wondering, the lucky young lady is Sarah. I remember when Tom introduced us to her on our visit to Taiwan and China two summers ago. Though I've only met her that one time, I knew she and Tom were a great match. So without further ado, I'd like to extend our congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Hu!

The bad news is that we couldn't attend the festivities. For one thing, the wedding was in a remote location. Getting to China on such short notice would have been difficult, not to mention last-minute flights generally aren't cheap. That said, I was definitely there in spirit. Here's to wishing the couple nothing but love and happiness as they begin their life together.

I'm a little sad that we weren't able to congratulate the Hus in person - like in the case of Anne's wedding last summer - but that doesn't make me any less happier for them.

In other news...

1. You can read my review of last week's dance here.

2. I'm considering switching to another blog platform. For a start, MySpace is full of bugs. I also hate the anti-spam "feature" that blocks certain links. It doesn't actually stop spammers and only makes things annoying for legitimate users. Another reason for the migration is that sites like WordPress and Blogger are more professional. Expect a decision in a few weeks.

Currently listening to: Billboard Top Hits: 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment