Saturday, January 17, 2009

one more semester to go

I've moved back to Berkeley for the spring semester. You're probably expecting another rant about how my break was too short, but I'm actually glad to be back this time. It's so nice to see my suitemates Bryan, Danny and Tyler again!

Holiday break in review

The holiday started out well as I got fairly good grades for the semester. Hard work certainly pays off. Just after the semester ended, my parents and I went to Tahoe to see the Nutcracker ballet. This was followed by an amazing Christmas Eve gathering at our family friend Carol's house.

However, the rest of the break was relatively uneventful. Our own New Year's Eve party was canceled because most of the guests couldn't come. On the other hand, the Shiehs had us over for dinner instead. I'm definitely not complaining about that. Though we did have a party on New Year's Day itself, there was nobody else my age. Damn generation gap. ^_^

Aunt Cynthia and my cousins came over on the 2nd to make bread with Mom and have lunch with us. While that was also pretty fun, they left shortly afterwards because Cathy was feeling stressed about her SATs. Speaking of which, I had to study for the GRE myself during most of my free time. Not exactly the most exciting thing in the world.

In any case, I'm thrilled to be back at Cal. The classes are going to be tough, but I only need six more to fulfill the graduation requirements. Oh yeah, and there's a dance tomorrow. :-)

Currently listening to: Pure Disco

No comments:

Post a Comment