Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day party report

You may recall that our New Year's Eve party was canceled due to the lack of guests. However, Mom felt we should have a gathering after all and invited the Liangs, Chus and Guans over for dinner. I'm definitely not complaining. :-)

A cool thing is that our family friend Fennah is a travel editor for a well-known Chinese newspaper. I enjoyed hearing about the places she's visited. That's my dream job for sure. ^_^

Speaking of Fennah, she gave me a box of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory truffles. I've always wanted to try their confections but could never bring myself to buy them. It's definitely nice to have generous friends. Thanks, Fennah!

The downside is that Emily and Stacey didn't come. This was a little disappointing as there were no other young people. On the other hand, my aunt Cynthia and cousins Connie and Cathy are coming over tomorrow to learn how to make bread. I can't wait to see them again!

Currently listening to: '80s Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment