Monday, October 1, 2018

last day at Mocana

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

The week started badly as I was unexpectedly laid off from Mocana. I officially hate Mondays. :-(

You may recall that I joined last year as a software QA engineer. According to my boss, the company was shifting its focus to a new product and no longer needed my services. Although he was satisfied with my performance, this is cold comfort and doesn't really help. This is unfortunate because I really loved my job and the people there.

Looking back

While my career at Mocana didn't end the way I wanted it to, there were some great memories. The holiday cruise was definitely one of my favorite moments. The summer potluck and the Thanksgiving feast were also enjoyable. The catered lunches and snacks were pretty nice too. The best thing about working at small companies is that everyone is like family.

All that having been said, the most important thing for me right now is finding a new job. So wish me luck on my job search!

Currently listening to: "All the Small Things" by Blink-182

No comments:

Post a Comment