Wednesday, October 10, 2018

a bittersweet 33rd birthday

So today is my 33rd birthday. I wasn't really in the mood to celebrate because I was just laid off several days ago. Therefore, my family decided to not go anywhere to eat this year.

On the other hand, my parents did their best to make my birthday enjoyable. For starters, Mom made us a nice lunch with ramen noodles. She also bought some snacks for me when we went to Trader Joe's and Nob Hill Foods for groceries. The three of us later went to Starbucks to redeem my free birthday rewards.

Even though recent events put a damper on things, my birthday wasn't too bad overall. I really appreciate the support from my parents during these difficult days.

Currently reading: Coding Puzzles: Thinking in Code by Lei Zhang

No comments:

Post a Comment