Monday, February 5, 2018

Super Bowl weekend report

I had a pretty good weekend.

The first half of Saturday was uneventful as I was busy studying work-related things. However, our family friend Lily invited us over to dinner on Saturday. She prepared a nice hot pot with all the fixings. The Hsuehs had recently come back from a trip to Turkey, so we enjoyed hearing about the things she did there. The only downside is that Alan didn't come as he was very tired following a trip to Japan, but I'm sure there are opportunities for our families together again. Because there was nobody my age, I spent most of the time reading The Sparrow for my book club. The first few chapters reminded me of Contact by Carl Sagan.

Yesterday was Super Bowl II. I don't really follow American football but have always enjoyed watching the big game. I didn't root for any specific team this year, although I'm pretty impressed that the New England Patriots made it to the Super Bowl twice in succession. It was overall a great game.

Another nice thing is that we're planning a trip to Alaska with the Changs this summer. Therefore, my parents went to Henry's house after dinner to discuss trip plans. So far, the trip looks like it's going to happen. I'm pretty excited!

Currently reading: The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad ro read that you enjoyed watching the superbowl. Thank you for participating :)

    ReplyDelete