Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I met Andy Weir!

You may recall that I joined a book club for people in their 20s and 30s a few months ago. Our club just met at an event featuring Pierce Brown and Andy Weir. It was really cool to meet the author of one of my favorite books!

The downer is that I didn't get my copy of The Martian autographed because Andy had to leave early for some errand. I understand that Andy doesn't owe us anything and isn't obligated to sign our books, although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. On the bright side, at least I got to shake hands with him. Perhaps next time!

Also worth mentioning is that I ran into my old classmate Jessica from Egan and LAHS. It's always nice to see a familiar face even though we never really talked in school. Small world indeed.

Currently reading: The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin

No comments:

Post a Comment