Monday, February 26, 2018

2,500 skill total in RuneScape and more!

This past weekend was pretty nice. For starters, I passed 2,500 skill total in RuneScape on Saturday thanks to the double XP weekend. Here is the screenshot for those curious. These double XP weekends are always really fun. :-)

The other highlight of the day is that we invited the Hsuehs over for lunch. It's only fair to return the favor as they had us over a few weeks ago. Because their son was with friends and didn't come, I spent the afternoon playing RuneScape and reading The Sparrow for my book club. On the whole, the gathering was pretty enjoyable.

Later in the afternoon, my mother noticed that our thermostat was dead. The heater was stuck on until we turned off the emergency switch. To make matters worse, the replacement thermostat we bought at Home Depot wouldn't work either. Our neighbor Bob came over a few times to take a look but was equally stumped.

After we spent most of Sunday trying to fix the issue, my parents concluded that it might be the heater that was broken. Mom asked PG&E to come over, but until that happens, then it looks like we'll be without heat for the next few days. This should be fun. :\

In other news...

1. Dad got a new Roku TV a few days ago. It's pretty nice, although the Fire TV is easier to use in my option. But then again, I'm probably a bit biased, considering that I used to work at Amazon. :P

2. After careful consideration, my family has decided not to go to Alaska due to the lack of hotel availability. However, I'm not going to complain because we've already been there a few times.

Monday update: It turned out the problem with the heater was due to a switch being burnt out. The good news is that we didn't have to pay too much to get it repaired!

Currently listening to: "Dixie"

No comments:

Post a Comment