Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!

It's hard to believe 2015 has already passed. Oh hai, 2016!

I'll cut to the chase and say that New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful: my family didn't feel like throwing a party this year, and nobody invited us either. I had hoped to check out downtown Mountain View for special events but changed my mind finding out it was cold as hell outside. We also had plans for a board game night of sorts - after all, just because we're not having a party doesn't mean we can't have fun - but that didn't come to fruition as Mom was super tired and sleeping the whole time. Blah.

I've also been extremely busy as I had a shitload of assignments for two online machine learning classes. The good news is that I managed to finish all of this week's assignments, so I spent the rest of the evening playing RuneScape until the countdown. Gotta love good ol' RuneScape.

On the bright side, my parents and I will be visiting the Tangs on the 2nd, and as well as our family friend Grace on the 8th. So at least that's something to look forward to.

2015 in review

I'd say 2015 was overall a good year. The highlight was definitely our trip to New Zealand in September. It was no doubt a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and the memories from that trip will certainly last a long time.

The past year was mostly positive, except when I got a bad case of hives in June. The good news is that the hospital costs were covered by insurance, but it was sure as hell an unpleasant experience. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

As for my New Year's resolutions, my goals are to become familiar with machine learning and hopefully get a promotion. I'm also hoping to get at least two 99's in RuneScape. Challenge accepted!

Currently listening to: "We Own the Night" by the Wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment