Sunday, November 29, 2015

another awesome Thanksgiving break

I hope everyone a great Thanksgiving long weekend. At least my family did, considering that the Changs invited us to their annual Thanksgiving party again!

Thursday

It was a busy day as there were many things that needed to be done. I spent some time listening to online lectures and helping my father unclog our drains while my mother made some food. However, later in the evening was the party at Henry's house. This was something I had been looking forward to for a long time.

Sophie and the girls made several dishes while the Tings brought six more, including desserts. Ruth's boyfriend Steven brought some high-end whiskeys and prepared a table with cheese, crackers and chocolates. There was so much food that I was full before I could try all the desserts.

The party was so enjoyable that we didn't leave until 1:15 a.m. The only reason we didn't stay longer is that Henry had to teach an 8 a.m. class and we didn't want to disturb his sleep. The gathering was no less fun than the one last year.

This year, I'm thankful for being able to visit New Zealand, especially considering that my aunts paid for the trip. I can't help but feel guilty as international travel is expensive. One thing for sure is that the memories from the trip will last a lifetime.

Friday and Saturday

The next two days were uneventful. Because it's often hard to get Black Friday deals, the three of us didn't feel like braving the crowds and decided to stay home. Therefore, I took the opportunity to finish my assignments for an online class. It was nice to get them out of the way even though we didn't have time to go hiking as we had hoped.

Sunday

Our neighbor Bob had generously allowed us to pick persimmons from their tree. This took me and Dad the whole morning due to the sheer number of persimmons. The three of us then took a stroll to the local BevMo and Cost Plus World Market in the afternoon to look at some wines. We then watched the 2013 remake of Oldboy after dinner for Henry's film club. I'm not going to lie - Oldboy was a pretty disturbing movie. Though the club had chosen the original 2003 one, Mom felt we would have more to talk about if we watched both.

On the whole, the Thanksgiving long weekend totally rocked.

Currently watching: Oldboy (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment