Saturday, October 10, 2015

my thirty years on their shoulders

So today is my 30th birthday. It's hard to believe I've spent that much time on Earth. Am I really that old?

I should mention that my family didn't have a flashy celebration this year. Instead, the three of us had a quiet dinner at a local Japanese restaurant. It wasn't a fancy one or anything, but there are few things better than sharing a meal with two of the most wonderful people in my life: my mom and dad.

The birthday rewards are also nice: I got a scoop of Baskin-Robbins ice cream, a cinnamon roll from Le Boulanger and a choice of an item from Starbucks. For the Starbucks reward, I picked a sandwich because it seemed like the best deal. While freebies aren't quite the same as presents from friends, I certainly ain't complaining.

In other news...

1. Amazon just announced the second-generation Fire TV earlier this month. The cool thing is that Lab126 had an event at Campo di Bocce in Los Gatos to celebrate the launch. I got to play bocce ball for the first time; that was definitely lots of fun. Check out the pictures here.

2. Dad recently got a dash camera for each of our family cars. Dash cameras are useful in that they can provide cover in case of incidents on the road. As a side benefit, they'll also allow us to document road trips. :-)

3. Congratulations to my friend Derek on getting married!

Currently playing: Angry Birds Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment