Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

So another year has passed. It's hard to believe 2014 is no more. If Back to the Future is anywhere near accurate, then we should see flying cars and hover boards soon. ^_^

Party report

Last night rocked as we invited three other families to our house for dinner. This was our first time having so many people over for New Year's Eve in seven years. Mom made lots of delicious food as usual, and our family friend Mei also generously brought some. I later saw Divergent with Casey after the Times Square countdown. It was definitely an awesome evening.

Alas, nobody stayed until midnight this time. CY and Grace were the first to leave as they live far away in Saratoga. Henry and Sophie soon also left as our families are getting up early for an annual New Year's Day hike in San Francisco. The Lees didn't want to disturb our sleep and declined our invitation to watch the West Coast countdown. I truly appreciate the consideration, although I wish they had stayed another 15 minutes. At least we'll be seeing the Changs again tomorrow later in the morning. :-)

In the meantime, I've posted some pictures from the party here.

2014 in review

I'd say 2014 was one of the better years. For starters, my parents and I got to connect with many friends in the past few months. Our team at Amazon Lab126 also released two major products, the Fire TV in April and the Fire TV Stick in October. The highlight of 2014 was my cousin Connie's wedding in Pasadena, although the film club field trip and my 10-year high school reunion come close. The only downside is that work was stressful at times, but that's nothing to complain about.

For those curious, my New Year's resolution for 2015 is to become better at PHP programming. As RuneScape goals, I'm hoping to get 99 runecrafting and 2,100 skill total. Rock on!

Currently watching: Divergent

No comments:

Post a Comment