Wednesday, April 2, 2014

check out the Amazon Fire TV!

"Ladies and gentlemen, the dawn of a new era has arrived." -- me

Back when I joined Amazon Lab126 almost two years ago, I mentioned that I was working on a secret project. Well, our product has finally been released!

In case you've been wondering, the thing we've been working on is the Amazon Fire TV streaming media player. The set-top box features high-speed video streaming, voice search, cool apps, parental controls and lots of other neat stuff. Each device costs only $99 and comes with a free month of Amazon Prime. The Fire TV is pretty awesome for sure. Or at least it should be, considering that I spent countless hours testing it. :-)

The official launch began at 11 a.m. in New York City - or 8:00 a.m. on the West Coast - meaning we had to arrive at the office early for the live broadcast. The video disconnected a few times due to the bandwidth, but things otherwise went without a hitch. It certainly feels great to be part of the team that made such an amazing product possible.

So yeah, if you haven't ordered an Amazon Fire TV yet, then I highly recommend that you get one. :D

Currently listening to: "Burn" by Ellie Goulding

Disclaimer: Amazon did not pay me to make this post. I only speak as a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment