Wednesday, April 2, 2014

check out the Amazon Fire TV!

"Ladies and gentlemen, the dawn of a new era has arrived." -- me

Back when I joined the Lab126 team, I was told that I'd be working on a secret project related to the Amazon Kindle. Two years later, our product has finally been released!

The thing we've been working on is the Amazon Fire TV streaming media player. It features high-speed streaming video, voice search, an app store, parental controls and lots of other neat stuff. The device costs only $99 and comes with a free month of Amazon Prime. The Fire TV is pretty awesome for sure. Or at least it should be, considering that I worked on it for two years. :-)

Because the launch began at 11 a.m. in New York City - or 8 a.m. on the West Coast - we had to arrive at the office early to see it live. The feed disconnected a few times due to the bandwidth, but things otherwise went without a hitch. It certainly feels great to be part of the team that made this possible. So yeah, you should order an Amazon Fire TV if you don't already have one. :D

Currently listening to: "Burn" by Ellie Goulding

Disclaimer: All views expressed in this post are solely my own. I do not represent Amazon in any official capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment