Monday, July 2, 2012

First day at Lab126

I started my job at Lab126 this morning, and so begins a new chapter in my life. For those curious, I'll be working on a secret project as a software development engineer in test.

The day began with the new hire orientation, during which the HR team went over things like benefits and referrals. The IT folks then gave us our laptops and helped us set up our accounts before explaining the security policies. Our senior manager then took us to the nearby Park Place for lunch. It was definitely a great way to get acquainted with my new colleagues.

I spent the rest of the day configuring my laptop. Our building is like a maze and easy to get lost in, although that's probably something I'll get used to soon. At any rate, I'm already loving my new job and look forward to all the great things it has to offer.

The only real downside is that my work is highly confidential. I can't disclose any details about the project other than that it's related to the Amazon Kindle. Having said that, I'm sure everything will be revealed in due time. :-)

Currently watching: The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment