Sunday, August 24, 2014

on high school reunions

The Los Altos High School class of 2004 had its 10-year reunion last night. It took place at a microbrewery in Mountain View called Tied House. This was super exciting as I hadn't gotten in touch with most of my LAHS classmates outside of Facebook since graduation.

I counted about 50 people, including significant others. The gathering was lots of fun even though only about 12% of the graduating class came. While there were some unfamiliar faces, that's probably because we never had the same teacher. At any rate, I had a great time reconnecting with people, even those I didn't regularly talk to in high school. Oh yeah, and lots of girls gave me hugs - couldn't complain about that. ^_^

One of the math teachers (the father of one of the students) came to join us later in the evening. Although I never took any of Mr. Randall's classes, having a teacher show up was pretty cool. Some of my classmates decided to take the party to another pub after Tied House closed for the night. I didn't want to stay up too late and went home at this point. That said, the reunion totally rocked. I'd like to thank Derek and his fiancée Jody for organizing this amazing event, and Preeti, Charline et al. for making it all possible.

The biggest downside is that I didn't get to see all of my classmates. The venue was also somewhat crowded at times. Yet neither of those made the reunion any less fun. I definitely wish those four hours hadn't gone by so quickly. One thing for sure is that we need to get together more often!

I didn't take too many pictures as the limited space made it difficult to get individual shots of people, but here they are.

Currently watching: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

No comments:

Post a Comment