Sunday, August 10, 2014

two parties and a rummage sale!

Saturday started out much like a year ago: my parents and I went to a rummage sale at a local church in the morning. I didn't see that many things for sale this time, but it was fun to look at what was available.

Yesterday was also the annual Lab126 family picnic. Seeing that the event didn't start until noon, I studied for a bit before we headed to Coyote Ranch in Morgan Hill. Like at the previous picnics, there were lots of food and drinks. The Coyote Ranch staff again put on games for families. One of this year's activities was bingo; that was pretty fun even though none of us won. If only there were more than just five rounds.

We didn't stay too late as there was another party in the evening: Eileen's cousin Sheila was having us over for dinner. She and her partner Jeff both love cooking and made lots of delicious food. It wasn't just the five of us as Sheila also invited her brother Howard and his wife and daughter. All of us definitely had a great time. I've posted pictures from the Lab126 picnic and Sheila's party here.

This morning began with a visit from Min, my old supervisor at Cisco. Having done so much the day before, I spent most of today listening to online lectures. It wasn't all work and no play as I watched Vertigo to prepare for an upcoming field trip with Henry's film club. I also saw Iron Man and Captain America: Heroes United on the Amazon Fire TV for fun. So yeah, the weekend was awesome. :-)

Currently watching: Iron Man and Captain America: Heroes United

No comments:

Post a Comment