Saturday, October 10, 2009

officially 24 today

I'm now officially 24 years old. Gosh, that makes me feel like an old man. ^_^

You may recall that we had an early birthday celebration to accommodate the delivery of a new refrigerator. The good news is that it came in the morning and was installed by noon, leaving the rest of the day free. As you could probably tell, the new fridge was more of a coincidence than a present. :P

Just because we already had a party doesn't mean the fun is over. Dad's cousin Susan and her husband Tony are visiting from China and coming over in the afternoon, and the plan is to take them to Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park for the Lobster Feed. This is something I'm greatly looking forward to. I'll post a report of the event after getting home.

The presents are nice too: the store where we purchased the Lobster Feed tickets gave us two natural history books as part of a promotion. Dad has also ordered a MacBook Pro that is due to arrive soon. This is going to be an awesome birthday for sure.

One thing I like to do on my birthday is to share three random facts about my childhood. So here they are:

  1. I sometimes pretended to be a guy named Winston when I was little.
  2. Shortly after I started middle school, Mom wanted me to attend the first LAYC dance so I could see what it was like. However, she didn't have school dances back in her day and assumed they were all formal. I ended up being the only one in a tuxedo. Awkward!
  3. I used to think hugs always went with kisses. There was this one time when one of my elementary school teachers gave me a hug while I was waiting for my mother. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. *blush*

No comments:

Post a Comment