Friday, October 10, 2008

Guess who's 23 today?

I'm officially 23 now. It's hard to believe how quickly time flies. You may recall that we had dinner at Olive Garden on the 4th. The reason for the early celebration is that Dad had to leave for a business trip last night.

One of my birthday traditions is to post three fun facts about my childhood. So here they are:

  1. According to my parents, I went on my first and only hunger strike at one month old. The family doctor had recommended that I be fed from a bottle while I only wanted to be breastfed. I kept resisting the infant formula, even after the doctor suggested letting me starve. Mom finally relented after four days. I'd probably have died had it gone on any longer!
  2. I took on the role of Robin Hood during Easter egg hunts. In other words, I stole eggs from other kids to give to those who arrived too late. As you could imagine, the victims weren't too pleased.
  3. Back when I lived in Sunnyvale many moons ago, my family would often go to Ponderosa Park in the afternoon. There was a time when I did something bad - and I actually don't remember what it was - but Mom got mad and made me walk home by myself. Having been to the park many times, I was overconfident and ended up getting lost.

    That was one of the most frightening moments of my childhood. I couldn't simply have called home as this was way before cell phones were commonplace. After what seemed like forever, I managed to find my way home just before my parents decided to call the police. The incident scared Mom so much she promised never to do it again. Good times.

In any case, happy birthday to me and everyone else whose birthday is today!

Currently listening to: "Everytime We Touch" by Cascada

No comments:

Post a Comment