Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I just won a mountain bike!

Our residential hall at Berkeley holds a meeting every Tuesday to plan student activities, such as dances, movie nights and fundraisers. To encourage attendance, raffle tickets are given out at every meeting to anyone that shows up.

Well, today was the last meeting of the semester and the raffle. The grand prize was a Mongoose mountain bike. I was told that I had seven tickets while the runner-up had five. Armed with this information, I bid six tickets when the bike was put up for auction. Instant winner!

This is definitely really exciting. I still cannot believe I won such an awesome prize. A quick Google search suggests that similar bikes cost around $200. I'm hoping it doesn't get stolen before I could take it home. *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment