Saturday, September 19, 2026

the worst hide-and-seek game ever...

I had gotten up late last night to use the restroom when I saw a rat scurry across the floor. It seems the rat had gotten in through a loose panel under our bathtub. I managed to the trap the rat in one room when I saw a second rat emerge from the same place. To make matters worse, there were scampering sounds coming from our pantry. I didn't see anything but couldn't guarantee there wasn't a third rat in there.

As you can imagine, this was a very serious concern as rodents carry all kinds of diseases. Hantavirus is a particularly nasty bugger. I reluctantly decided to wake my parents up because I was afraid the rats would enter their bedroom and bite them. It pained me to do this because my parents are often busy and don't get much sleep, but they understood this was an emergency.

Dad and I spent much of the day checking for rats and moving our furniture around to eliminate potential hiding spots. We were able to catch and remove one rat in the evening after placing a bunch of traps. I've got to say this was my least favorite hide-and-seek game ever. However, there could be up to two rats that are still unaccounted for. I really hope they're not still in the house. :\

September 23 update: It's been four days, and we are confident there are no more rats inside. I'm glad they're gone as none of us could sleep well otherwise.

Currently listening to: "One More Night" by Maroon 5

No comments:

Post a Comment