Sunday, September 22, 2019

Intel Sports family picnic

I just got back from the Intel Sports family picnic. Considering that we didn't have one at my last job, this was my first time attending such an event in over two years. All of us definitely had a great time!

The event took place at Saratoga Springs. It's apparently a popular venue because Amazon Lab126 had events here too. Even my college friends Danny and Caitlin got married at Saratoga Springs last year.

Although we're a fairly small group, many people from my team showed up. I was afraid my parents would feel awkward as the event was geared towards families with kids, but they enjoyed meeting my boss and co-workers. It definitely helps that Dad's first job was at Intel. Of note is that a few other people were also ex-Intel employees. Dad says it felt like a company reunion.

Like at similar events, there were games for both kids and adults. It was fun to watch the water balloon toss and the water relay race. Afterwards, there was a big water fight with squirt guns and more water balloons. I think I was wise to stay out of the crossfire!

On the whole, the picnic was quite enjoyable. It's certainly one of the best company picnics to date. I'm looking forward to next year's event for sure.


Currently reading: The Light Brigade by Kameron Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment