Tuesday, September 3, 2019

finally got my own car

I recently bought a 2013 BMW 328i sedan. It's a used car, but the price was really good for its mileage. No doubt this is a major milestone in my life.

We actually first went to a used car dealer in Hayward last Friday Dad saw an ad for another car with an attractive price. Let me tell you that used car salesmen really are as bad as people say they are. The folks at the dealership were cordial at first but were very reluctant to let us take it to an inspector that we had known for years. They actually started insulting my father when he became suspicious. He wisely decided that we didn't want to do business with those jerks.

Dad later found a guy on Craiglist selling a much newer car for a similarly low price. I had my reservations about using Craigslist after hearing so many horror stories, but the fact that the seller suggested meeting at a police station suggested he wasn't a scammer. He turned out to be a really nice guy when we met in person. Although we didn't do a test drive, the car looked and felt really nice. It wasn't long before we decided to make the purchase.

I still have to complete some paperwork and get a smog check done, but I'm definitely looking forward to taking it out for a drive.

Currently listening to: "Gas Gas Gas" by Manuel

No comments:

Post a Comment