Monday, May 27, 2019

an eventful Memorial Day long weekend

I had a pretty good long weekend even though we didn't really go anywhere.

For starters, my boss told me I could go home early on Friday. Even though I was busy with a project and still had some work left to do, working from home is always relaxing.

Saturday

One nice thing that happened is that I got a new MacBook Pro to replace my old one. It's definitely much faster and lighter than my old laptop. But because the newer Macs don't have standard USB ports, we went to Fry's Electronics on Saturday to get a USB-C hub. This was followed by a stop at Home Depot for garden supplies. The nice thing is that they were giving away free hot dogs. Score!

I later watched the animated film The Red Turtle with my parents. The story didn't make much sense to us, we really liked the animation style. It was overall a good movie.

Sunday

Mom wanted to go to Costco for groceries after breakfast. I was a little busy and decided to stay home, but my parents still saved some samples for me. The three of us later watched The Old Man & the Gun together. It was hilarious even though it's supposed to be based on a true story. The movie somehow reminded me of Woody Allen's Take the Money and Run, which we wanted for Henry's film club a few years ago.

The other highlight is that I got level 99 Mining in RuneScape in the evening. Even though the game is much easier than it used to be, getting a level 99 skill is always exciting.

Monday

Today was less eventful as we already did a lot in the last two days. Although my parents decided to watch a few more movies, romantic dramas aren't really my cup of tea. Therefore, I spent most of the day finishing A Ladder to the Sky for my book club. All things considered, the Memorial Day long weekend was really nice.

Currently listening to: "Oh Happy Day" by Edwin Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment