Saturday, May 25, 2019

a new MacBook Pro to replace my old one

I mentioned in my previous post that I was having problems with my old MacBook Pro. Dad took it to the Apple Store the other day and was told it had a bad logic board. This confirms my fears that it was a hardware issue. The other problem is that Apple doesn't support products older than seven years unless they have spare parts. After finding out a repair would cost several hundred dollars, my parents convinced me it would be better in the long run to get a new computer.

At any rate, my new MacBook is so much faster than my old one. The 8 GB of memory and 256 GB solid-state drive are pretty nice too. It also weighs just a little over three pounds, considerably lighter than my old laptop. I should mention that I use the same model at my job. This means I can quickly get up to speed with iOS app development without having to bring home my other work laptop all the time. :-)

The downside is that I'll have to install my programs all over again. On the bright side, recovering the data from my old MacBook Pro shouldn't take too long as the hard drive still works.

Currently watching: The Red Turtle

1 comment:

  1. Testing conducted by Apple in June 2018 using preproduction 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD; and preproduction 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD.

    ReplyDelete