Tuesday, January 29, 2019

my first business trip!

I went to Oregon today to meet with a team we've been working with. This was my first business trip ever, first time flying on a private jet and also first time flying alone without my parents. It was definitely a new experience for me!

It was a little exhausting as I had to get up pretty early to catch the 7:45 a.m. shuttle to the Intel Air Shuttle terminal for the 8:30 a.m. flight to Hillsboro. I was actually supposed to arrive even earlier, but the 7:30 a.m. flight was fully booked. At any rate, check-in was very fast as we only had to show our ID and Intel badge. Not having to go through TSA was pretty nice. :-)

The plane was very small and not unlike the one we took to Sacramento during our second trip to Yellowstone. I was a little nervous about flying alone withouy my parents, but that wasn't a problem as the other passengers were all co-workers. There was Wi-Fi access, although it was very slow most of the time. I tried to get some work done but decided to get some rest instead after not being able to receive any e-mails. No wonder people say Gogo sucks.

I took the shuttle to the meeting location after we landed. The campus was located in a quiet area away from the city center. Our office was a nice place with a startup feel. I really enjoyed meeting the other team and wish we had more opportunities to work together. Though I had to leave early to catch the shuttle, I don't think I missed much as the meeting was almost over.

The flight back to San Jose was pretty smooth. The shuttle took me back to the Santa Clara office, where my parents picked me up. On the whole, this was an interesting experience. It's too bad there was no time for sightseeing as this was a business trip and I had a tight schedule. This reminds me - our last visit to the Pacific Northwest was over 11 years ago. Looks like we're overdue for another trip there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment