Sunday, December 9, 2018

another awesome holiday party

Today was the annual book club holiday potluck and book exchange. I had been looking forward to it for a while. It was certainly lots of fun!

The event was supposed to be at Elizabeth's house like last year. But because she was going to be out of town this time, the party was moved to Dane's new house in San Jose.

Everyone brought lots of food as this was a potluck dinner. Everything was delicious, especially the IKEA meatballs. After we got desserts and drinks, it was time to do the white elephant gift exchange. It got pretty heated near the and as people kept stealing each other's books. That was hilarious!

We then played a round of Left Center Right afterwards. This was my first time playing this game, and it was pretty fun even though I didn't win. Although I left shortly afterwards because I'm starting my new job tomorrow and wanted time to prepare, this party was definitely one of the best ever. I certainly wish I could have stayed longer. At any rate, I'd like to thank Dane and Che for hosting this event and opening up their home.

In other news...

I mentioned earlier that I'm starting my new job tomorrow. I'm a little nervous but extremely excited at the same time!

Currently reading: The Vegetarian by Han Kang

No comments:

Post a Comment