Monday, August 6, 2018

a bittersweet weekend

The weekend had its highs and lows. The nice thing is that we had a big party at our house. However, the RuneScape Classic shutdown was a bit of a downer.

Summer party report

Saturday was great as my parents invited several friends over. Mom made great food as usual, especially the cold sesame noodles. The guests later watched a documentary about a Chinese poet while I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl afterwards. The best part is that everyone brought high-quality desserts, none of which were cheap. On the whole, the party was one of our best ever. I really need to convince other young people to join us next time!

The end of an era: RuneScape Classic shut down

The bad news is that Jagex closed RuneScape Classic today after running the game for 17 and a half years. I figured this would eventually happen but didn't expect it to be so soon. Although I haven't played RSC much since the free version was removed, the game was a huge part of my childhood. Because I'm currently not a member, I couldn't even get a final screenshot of my character. :-(

But what sucks the most is that I had a bunch of rare items on my RSC account. They'd be worth billions of GP if Jagex allowed us to transfer them to the main game. I really wish I had transferred my items back to RS2 when I had the chance. Oh well.

In other news...

Congratulations to my friend Eddie on his recent marriage!

Currently watching: Starship Troopers: Invasion

No comments:

Post a Comment