Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Labor Day long weekend report

I had a great Labor Day long weekend even though it was extremely hot outside.

The best part is that our family friend Linda invited us to a party at her house on Sunday. Mom's friend Lily also carpooled with us. Linda had asked us to arrive early as there were some things she wanted to discuss with my parents. The plan was to go hiking together, but we changed our minds because the weather was too hot.

After the others arrived, all of us went to the Ly Luck Restaurant in Oakland for lunch. Everything was really good, especially the giant clam with vermicelli. Back at Linda's house, the other adults talked while I read a book and surfed the web on my phone. I'll have to admit it was a little boring as there was nobody my age. On the other hand, all of the snacks were delicious.

Though Lily said her husband could pick her up at her house, Mom insisted on giving her a ride home. This did mean a longer drive, but we enjoyed hearing about her recent trip to Alaska. It definitely reminded me of our own trip there many years ago.

Lily invited us to hang out at her place for a while. This was our first time going to her house in around 20 years. The Shuehs showed my parents their souvenir collection while I chatted with their son Alan. It was around 7 p.m. when we finally got home!

The rest of the weekend was uneventful. Due to the heat wave, none of us wanted to spend much time outdoors except during our evening strolls. On the other hand, I got to watch several episodes of The Flash (the 2014 series) and get RuneScape membership again. So yeah, this was an awesome weekend. :-)

Currently reading: What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro

No comments:

Post a Comment