Monday, June 15, 2015

Hospital visits are no fun...

...especially in the middle of the night at 4 a.m.

So the family across the street is moving and has generously put stuff up for free. I was helping my parents carry some furniture last night when I started getting an itch. At first we thought it was caused by dry skin or bug bites, but the itching became worse and bumps began appearing everywhere. It eventually got so bad that I couldn't sleep. I figured it was just hives, but Dad insisted on taking me to the hospital just to be on the safe side.

The doctor confirmed it was hives after one look while a nurse gave me medicine to suppress the reaction. That must have been some pretty powerful stuff as the symptoms went away within an hour. From what the doctor and the nurse told me, the hives were likely caused by food allergies. This was exhausting as I had very little sleep after getting home. I just hope this doesn't happen again. *shrugs*

One thing for sure is that I'm not looking forward to the bill. From what I've heard, emergency room visits are expensive as hell. :\

Currently playing: Final Doom

No comments:

Post a Comment