Monday, May 25, 2015

Napa County day trip + rest of Memorial Day weekend

The Memorial Day weekend had a great beginning as my family went to quite a few places. The remainder of the break was fairly uneventful as we mostly stayed home, but I can't complain about getting that extra rest.

Saturday

The day was pretty fun as we headed up north to the Napa County area. The original plan was to take the Tangs along; however, they couldn't join us due to Eileen not feeling well. We nonetheless paid them a short visit before continuing on.

The reason for the day trip is that Mom wanted to see the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum in St. Helena. It was noon when we arrived, and the adjacent vineyard was the perfect spot for a picnic lunch. The museum was somewhat small but had many exhibits dedicated to the author. Having enjoyed this place, my family gladly made a donation before leaving. I'll have to admit - I had no idea Stevenson wrote so many books.

Downtown St. Helena awaited us later in the afternoon. St. Helena was a cool little town; I'd have loved to try the local food if everything wasn't so expensive. There was still some free time, during which we went to three nearby wineries. Although we had visited them on our trip to Napa and Carson City several years ago, Mom wanted better pictures for her articles.

The next stop was the WinCo Foods store in Fairfield for groceries. This was followed by a nice dinner at a Thai restaurant in Fremont. All of the dishes were spicy as hell but otherwise delicious. It was finally time to return home after a busy day.

Our original itinerary included Bodega Bay as well, but time constraints didn't allow for this excursion. I'm glad we didn't go there as we likely wouldn't get home until really late. That said, we're still planning to visit Bodega Bay in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to check out my pictures from the day trip.

Sunday

Having done so much the day before, the three of us decided to relax at home and not do too much. RuneScape breaks aside, I mostly studied Android and PHP programming.

Monday

I again spent most of the time studying. Our plan for the evening was to watch the foreign movie The Hunt for Henry's film club. The DVD unfortunately turned out to be damaged, in which case I listened to some online lectures instead. Other than that, I completed a few quests and the medium Arduogne tasks in RuneScape during my free time.

So yeah, the Memorial Day long weekend wasn't too bad.

Currently playing: RuneScape

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Napa County day trip experience! I have also been there. It’s a great place. One of my friends hosted holiday party last year at this venue. It was the most amazing outdoor party I have ever attended.

    ReplyDelete