Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving report

Thanksgiving was a little different this year. I'm hoping to study statistics after finishing my degree at St. Mary's College of California and have been extremely busy with graduate school applications. In other words, most of my time has been spent filling in forms and writing essays on why I'm so great. It's like applying for college all over again!

This is also the first time since 2005 that we didn't have anyone over. As cooking all that food and cleaning up the house can be daunting, my family decided to forgo a party this time. However, that's not a problem because the Liangs have invited us to their Black Friday gathering. Sweet!

Our other plan for Black Friday is to get up early in the morning to grab some deals. This is something we've never done before and will be a new experience. Friday should be pretty exciting.

The bad news is that I've been suffering from acid reflux for about a week now. I'm guessing it has to do with the stress. The most noticeable symptom is that I often feel hungry even when full. At the risk of sounding like a hypochondriac, I certainly hope it doesn't turn into anything serious.

This year, I'm thankful for having Bonnie as my undergraduate advisor. Those five years at Berkeley would have been much tougher without her help. On the subject of which, my parents invited her and her husband John to dinner at Lo Coco's Restaurant two weeks ago as a show of gratitude. You can view the pictures from the meal here.

In other news...

I recently got my first smartphone: the Samsung Rogue. The built-in browser is useful for accessing the Internet on the go even though it kind of sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment