Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving report

Thanksgiving was a little different this year. I'm hoping to study statistics after finishing my degree at St. Mary's College of California and have been extremely busy with graduate school applications. In other words, most of my time has been spent filling in forms and writing boring essays. It's like applying for college all over again!

This is also the first time since 2005 that we didn't have anyone over. Mom felt a party was too much work and decided to not have one. However, that's not a problem because the Liangs have invited us to their annual Black Friday party. I certainly can't complain!

We're also planning to get up early tomorrow to grab some Black Friday deals. This is something we've never done before and will be a new experience. So yeah, Friday should be fun.

The bad news is that I've been suffering from acid reflux since about a week ago. I'm guessing it has to do with the stress. The most noticeable symptom is that I often feel hungry even when full. At the risk of sounding like a hypochondriac, I hope it's not anything serious.

This year, I'm thankful for having Bonnie as my undergraduate advisor. Those five years at Berkeley would have been much tougher without her help. On the subject of which, my parents recently invited her and her husband John to dinner at Lo Coco's Restaurant as a show of gratitude. Feel free to check out the pictures from the meal.

In other news...

I recently got my first smartphone: the Samsung Rogue. The built-in browser sucks but is still useful for accessing the Internet on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment