Friday, June 27, 2008

predicting a disappointing 4th of July :-(

The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. However, that may not be the case this year.

I recently found out consumer fireworks are legal in Fresno. Our family friend Tiffany lives there and says we are more than welcome to visit her on the 4th. But recent gas prices are making it hard to justify the trip. Driving 320 miles to Fresno and back seems rather silly when the gas costs more than the fireworks!

That said, I did buy some party poppers at Target about two weeks ago. Party poppers and bang snaps are considered novelty items and legal in most areas. They don't have the "wow" factor but are better than no fireworks at all.

The other thing is that my cousin Anne is getting married in Taiwan on the 8th. I'm extremely happy for her, considering she is my first maternal cousin to tie the knot. The bad news is that I'll be taking Physics 7C at Berkeley and won't be able to attend the wedding in person.

Although I can take a few days off, this is pretty risky given the pace of the class. The fact that flights to Taiwan are very expensive right now doesn't help the issue. It's a bittersweet situation, but I'll be there in spirit.

Currently listening to: "Feels Like Today" by Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment