Sunday, December 8, 2019

another great book club party

Today was my book club's annual holiday party and book exchange. It's hard to believe I've been with them for over two years. Time certainly flies.

The event took place at Dane's house again as Elizabeth was in Hawaii. Because it was a potluck dinner, everyone brought something to share. I really liked the quiches and meatballs. There was no shortage of snacks and candies.

It was then time for the white elephant book exchange. Although things weren't as heated this time, the party still had a lively atmosphere. I gave away Good People by Marcus Sakey and received Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver. I've always liked her books and look forward to reading it soon.

Like last year, all of us then played Left Center Right afterwards. I had the most cash at first but soon lost it all after a few rounds. Although I later ended up being one of the last remaining players, the pot eventually went to someone else. Which is a shame because I was so close being $60 richer.

The party ended earlier than expected as most people decided to leave after the game was over. I took the time to chat with Dane and Che's friends while waiting for my parents to pick me up. On the whole, everyone definitely had a great time. A huge thank-you to Dane and Che for making this event possible.

In other news...

I got level 99 Herblore in RuneScape on Tuesday and 99 Dungeoneering two days later. Hopefully it won't be long until I get my max cape. :-)

Currently watching: American Sniper

No comments:

Post a Comment