Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July long weekend report

The 4th of July weekend wasn't too bad even though the weather was pretty hot most of the time.

Friday

The day started with a mishap: I had forgotten we have today off and was under the impression that it would be the 6th. As a result, my parents and I wasted a good 25 minutes carpooling to the office only to find that nobody was there. This could all have been avoided had I checked my holiday schedule. *facepalm*

The rest of Friday was fairly uneventful because of the heat, although we walked to our family friend Sheila's house in the evening to give her some of our lemons. She and Jeff invited us in for some ice cream and tea; their hospitality was truly amazing. All of us had such a good time chatting that it was well past 10 p.m. when we got home!

Saturday

The plan was to visit Bodega Bay as Mom has been wanting to go there for some time. She later suggested going to Santa Cruz instead after seeing the temperatures were still quite high. However, the forecasts showed a lot of traffic along the route, probably because everyone else was thinking the same thing. In the end, my family went hiking in Los Altos Hills.

The three of us later stopped at Nob Hill Foods for some ice cream before going for a stroll around our neighborhood in the evening. There were several local professional fireworks displays this year, some of which were visible from our street. It's nice to be able to catch a good show from the comfort of our home.

Sunday

It was so hot outside today that none of us wanted to go anywhere. On the other hand, my parents and I watched Dog Day Afternoon for Henry's movie club. I also saw Riddick and Guardians of the Galaxy for fun. Guardians of the Galaxy was totally hilarious; I'd absolutely love to see a sequel.

Last but not least, the U.S. won the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup. I can't think of a better way to end the 4th of July weekend.

Currently watching: Guardians of the Galaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment