Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July long weekend report

I had an awesome 4th of July weekend even though the weather was pretty hot most of the time.

Friday

It was an awkward morning as we made an unnecessary trip to the office. I had gotten the schedule wrong and thought we were getting Monday off instead. Only when I noticed the office was empty did I realize my mistake. This could all have been avoided had I checked my work calendar. *facepalm*

The rest of the day was uneventful, although we walked to our family friend Sheila's house in the evening to give her some of our lemons. She and Jeff invited us in for ice cream and tea. That was very sweet of them. All of us had such a good time talking that it was well past 10 p.m. when we got home!

Saturday

Mom had hoped to visit Bodega Bay as we hadn't been there in a while. She later suggested going to Santa Cruz instead after seeing the temperatures were still high. However, the forecasts showed a lot of traffic along the route, probably because everyone else had the same idea. In the end, my family went hiking in Los Altos Hills.

We later stopped at Nob Hill Foods for ice cream before going on an evening stroll around our neighborhood. There were several local fireworks displays this year, some of which were visible from our house. I'm glad we didn't have to go anywhere to see them.

Sunday

It was so hot outside that we decided to stay home. On the other hand, the three of us watched Dog Day Afternoon for Henry's movie club. I also saw Riddick and Guardians of the Galaxy for fun. Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the funniest movies ever. I'd love to see a sequel.

Oh yeah, and the U.S. won the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup. I can't think of a better way to end the 4th of July weekend.

Currently watching: Guardians of the Galaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment