Friday, October 10, 2014

my last year as a twenty-something

It's hard to believe I'll be three decades old next year. Holy crap. Time goes way too fast these days. At any rate, happy 29th birthday to me!

The day started out well. I got up a little earlier than usual to help Dad plant a jujube tree in our backyard. He says there's no better time to do so than on my birthday. The container was heavier than expected, but we managed to get the job done. Although jujube trees are uncommon in North America, the climate should support them.

I also got a free six-pack of cupcakes from Nob Hill Foods. Mom then bought six more so there would be enough to share with my co-workers. It was great to have people tell me how good the cupcakes were.

Another nice thing is that we invited Sheila, Jeff and the Changs over for dinner after I got home. This wasn't actually a birthday party per se - because Shiela and her partner have shown an interest in joining Henry's film club, Mom felt this would be an excellent way for them to get acquainted. Everything was delicious, especially the pistachio gelato that Henry brought. Things couldn't have worked out better.

I have a money management class tomorrow morning and should probably head to bed. That said, I'm sure the rest of the weekend will be just as awesome. :-)

Currently playing: Angry Birds Star Wars II

No comments:

Post a Comment